Determining the Amount of Child Support
In New Jersey, most child support calculations are based on a statutory formula. This formula covers the vast majority of child support cases in this state. The amount of Child support is based on a number of factors.
Some of these factors include:
- Each parent’s income
- The total parental income
- The ratio of the income between the parties
- The age of the children and the number of children
- The number of overnights spent with each parent
- Children from other relationships
- Which parent pays for medical insurance
An exact amount cannot be provided without this information, in addition to a few other factors. If you have questions about the payment or receipt of child support, contact our office to review your situation with one of our attorneys.
Written by Larry Kroll, Attorney At Law, March 2019